ICEMULE Stands Up For Rhinos
The Zambezi River snakes through east Africa before reaching its final destination in the Indian Ocean. It is famous for Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world and infamous for its fearsome rapids, known as some of the most challenging in the world. And two of IceMule’s bravest ambassadors have decided to attempt the first ever descent of the rapids of the Zambezi River in the Batoka Gorge on stand-up paddleboards (SUPs). Their target is to survive and raise $10,000 in the process for a wild rhino sanctuary in South Africa.
They are calling this project #StandUp4Rhinos. We were honored to have contributed to that $10,000 goal by becoming Gold Sponsors of their trip, along with other brands like GoPro and LifeStraw. At IceMule we care deeply about efforts raising awareness about the plight of wildlife on the verge of extinction. What’s great about the #StandUp4Rhinos team is that all money raised will go directly to Care for Wild Rhino Sanctuary NPC – an orphanage and sanctuary for rhino orphans resulting from the on-going rhino poaching scourge that is decimating rhino populations in Southern Africa.
We hope that through the publicity generated by the #StandUp4Rhinos campaign we can raise awareness about the plight of this precious species and not only meet the goal of $10,000 but surpass it.
If you’d like to learn more and donate check out this link.
And if you’d like to learn more about our IceMule Ambassadors on this trip, check it out!
- A female pioneer of the sport of whitewater SUP and SUP river surfing.
- Produced and starred in the film ‘Can I Surf That’. Wrote and published an article about my time paddling Japan’s famous rivers.
- The first woman to land a 360 surfing a SUP.
- Having a major role in the growth of the stand up paddling.
- First SUP descent of the entire 112 miles of the Middle Fork of the Salmon in Idaho.
- Filmed “Can I Surf That” and searching for river waves with Brittany Parker, Claire Chappell, and Heather Jackson.
- Teaches with RVR 2 RVR