Summer Berry Mojito
- 2 oz White Rum
- We like Plantation 3 Stars White Rum: This is a blend of rums from Jamaica, Barbados, and Trinidad. It's smooth and slightly sweet, with a complex flavor profile that adds depth to a Mojito.
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Soda Water
- Mixed Summer Berries (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries)
- In a sturdy glass, muddle the mint leaves and sugar together until the leaves start to break down.
- Add a handful of mixed summer berries and muddle again until the berries are crushed and have released their juice.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and stir well.
- Pour in the rum and mix.
- Fill the glass with ice and top up with soda water. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a few whole berries.
The Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball that's been enjoyed for centuries. Its origins are a bit murky, but it's believed to date back to the 16th century when a similar drink was consumed for medicinal purposes. Our Summer Berry Mojito is a fruity twist on this classic, incorporating fresh summer berries for a seasonal touch. The combination of mint and lime is refreshing and invigorating, while the berries add a sweet, tart complexity that's perfect for a hot summer day.
When muddling the mint leaves, be gentle. You want to release the aromatic oils, not tear the leaves into pieces. Over-muddling can result in a bitter taste.
Serve this cocktail in an ICEMULE Tumbler to keep it nice and cold on a hot summer day. A sprig of mint and a few whole berries on top make for an attractive and appetizing garnish.
Enjoy your Summer Berry Mojito!